It is going to be a new year and it is time to shake off the dust and debrisThe new year is here and I have decided to focus in on six things in 2012.
I call them a plan, as I think it gives a more definite feel to them than resolutions, and I plan on tracking as I go.
The six are;
1. Learn to type fast. I can type, but it isn't pretty, and it is one of the three things everyone should know. ( The three things are typing, at least two languages, and entrepreneur/ accounting.) I really need to improve. I have much to do with little time and typing like a caveman is nether very skilled or helpful.
2. Learn a language. I have dabbled, but this year I go and do it. I want to read some authors in their native language, I just have a feeling I am missing a lot in the translation. The two languages I want to learn is Japanese (Haruki Murakami) and French (Albert Camus). French is the one in 2012. I want to read Camus' essays in French this year.
3. Fitness - fell out of shape in the last 6 months with the chaos around me. Need to get the discipline back. I will start training and watching what I eat. Thinking of learning Krav Maga.
4.I want to learn a new cooking skill. I can do Italian, Mexican, and a little Asian, but need to widen it out.
5. Write 50,000 words. I want a book. It is in me, I know what it is, and needs to get out.
6. Start a business on the side that will teach me some more online techniques and make at least a $1,000 in 2012. No more studying, now you do.
Each of these will make me better at what I do, and we all want to be better.
I feel you need to put it down, make yourself accountable.