Notes on The Magic of Thinking Big by David Schwartz
Belief is the thremostat that regulates what we accomplish in life. (what you believe you can do, determines what you can do.) A person is the product of his or her own thoughts. This is a very simple and important point. How you think choses who you are and who you can be.
What really matters is not how smart you are but how you use what you know.
Stickability is 95% of ability.
Attitude is more important than intelligence.
1. Action cures fear - isolate your fear (why and what)/ then take action
2. Try to only put positive thoughts into memory
3. Be Balanced - put people and situations in perspective
4. Do what you know or what you feel is right
5. Be confident
be a front seater
make eye contact
walk 25% faster
The Magic of Thinking Big
List your 5 best assets and 3 people who have more success than you for each but maybe do not have your strengths. In other words, you is mor thatn you but less talented or intelligent, and then figure out why.
1. conquer self depreciation - don't sell yourself short
2. use big bright cheerful words
3. Stretch your vision ( in the box, out of the box, who said there was a box?)
4. Get the large, macro view of the world
5. Focus on big goals/ Objectives
If you believe it you brain finds ways to make it true
man/ woman belongs whereever they want to go
1. believe it, it can be done. if you believe it, you will find a way.
2. be receptive to new ideas, be experimental, do accept things as they are, but challange them
3. ask daily, how can I do better, be better
4. ask daily, how can I do more - capacity is a state of mind
5. practice asking and listening
6. stretch your mind, push it, get stimulated
(I like that CAPACITY IS A STATE OF MIND)
How you think determines how and who you are. How you act determines how others will react to you.
Practice self promise not self punishment.
(The world is hard enough on you and those around you, so make it easier and look out for yourself and others)
1. look important - it makes you think important
2. think your work is important
3. give yourself a pep talk daily
4. in every situation ask yourself, is this a good use of my time, is this how an important person would act/ think?
1. be environmentally conscious - just as a diet can affect how your body looks, a mind diet, what you put in your mind, affects how your mind works
2. make environment work for you
3. don't let small thinking people hold you back
4. get advice on success from successful people
5. get plenty of psychological sunshine
6. get poison out of your environment, avoid gossip
7. go first class, and think first class in everything
grow a enthusiastic attitude, dig deeper into things, life up everything, broadcast good news
Show other people you think they are important, use their name, show appreciation
Have a service first attitude
1. learn to remember names
2. be a comfortable person to be with
3. be easy going
4. don't be egotistical
5. be interesting to others
6. get the "swarmy" elements of your personality out
7. try to heal every misunderstanding you have
8. like people, genuinely, they can tell
9. never miss a chance to say congratulations
10. give spiritual strength to people
introduce yourself every chance you get
make sure they get your name straight
make sure you can pronounce their name
write down the other persons name, make sure you spell it right
drop a note or call the new person
be pleasant to strangers
Every day thousands of people bury good ideas because they are afraid to act on them. The ghosts of these ideas come back to haunt you.
be a doer/ take action
don't wait until conditions are right, they never will be
ideas have value only when you act on them
use action to cure fear and boost confidence
start your mental engine - dig in - work it out
think in terms of now
get to business fast
seize the initiative - take the ball and run
salvage something from every setback - study them
be your own constructive critic
stop blaming luck
blend persistence with experimentation
there is a good side in every situation - find it
Remember, it is not important where you are or were, but what matters is where you want to be.
get a clear fix ion where you want to go
write a 10 year plan
surrender yourself to your designs, set goals to get more energy
let your major goal be your auto pilot
achieve your goal one step at a time
build 30 day goals, day by day, effort pays off
in vest in yourself
The Magic of Thinking Big